If you’ve decided to downsize but aren’t sure what to do next…
- Sell your current home and buy the new home you’ve been dreaming of. We’ll discuss recommend updates and maintenance items to be completed before listing. Let me be your “coach” for a new home build/purchase to be sure you receive any incentives that can save you thousands of dollars. You’ll save money on homeowner’s insurance and utility bills.
- Remodel your current home before listing to maximize sales price. This may sound a little crazy but if you’re open to the idea of updating your home to maximize your profit – let’s talk about how I can help. **see below
- Stay in your current home and remodel – fall in love with your home again. Re-design to modernize your floor plan, increase water views, add an elevator or increase accessibility in other ways. At the same time increase your home’s energy efficiency and improve your home’s storm resistance.
- Purchase then remodel – buy a home that requires remodeling in the neighborhood you love. Why settle for a home someone else updated to their tastes in a neighborhood not at the top of your list? Remodel to suit your lifestyle. Complete project management services available: budgeting, design, permitting, selection of a contractor, scope of work and finish specifications, selection of all finishes, schedule management and conflict management. There’s renovation financing available for this approach – ask me for more information.
- If you’re over 62 let’s talk about how a reverse mortgage may be worth considering either to stay or purchase new.
If you’ve wanted to invest in real estate to buy and lease out or update and re-sell (flip) but don’t have the time to find properties and don’t have a person to define the scope of work needed for each project and coordinate your contractor I can make this happen for you.
As your Realtor and Construction Consultant, my goal is to provide you with uncompromising service and be your trusted adviser. I can be your single point of contact for information and advice to help you successfully complete your project. I am not trying to earn your contracting business but have direct experience as an estimator, field superintendent and as a project manager. I’ve helped many clients make their finish material selections for paint, flooring, cabinets, counter tops, sinks, etc. and I’ve worked with my clients architectural and interior design professionals.
I will help you organize and expedite your project:
- Phased Design
- Phase I: conceptual
- Phase II: working drawings
- Phase III: engineered drawings & scope integration
- Phase IV: permit drawings
- Scope definition for vendors
- Create a list of pre-qualified vendors
- Request for vendor proposals at Design Phase III
- Document and communicate your choices for flooring, paint, wall tile, tile grout, etc. by means of a finish selection log.
- Review vendor proposals for compliance with Design and Scope of Work
- Help you evaluate and recommend which contractor to hire
- Payment request inspections.
- Periodic quality control inspections.
- Final inspection and punch list.
- Help you find a temporary place to live during construction.
After you’ve given this some thought lets meet so you can tell me about your plans. I know what needs to be done and the most efficient sequence to provide an organized project you will enjoy and be proud of. All of my efforts are focused on my goal that you’ll be a repeat customer and to earn your referrals!
** Your tax professional can advise you regarding current IRS guidelines on capital gains on the sale of your primary residence.
Hire Jeff Fleis to be your Construction Consultant and your Realtor!
When you hire Jeff, you’ll work directly with Jeff! I stay in communication with you from the beginning to closing – and beyond. I can be reached via my office phone, cell phone, email or by text. The best part of my job is seeing the clients I’ve gotten to know on a personal basis move on to the next stage of their life – having earned their business and their trust.
Let’s set up a time to get together. Give me a call so we can set up a time to meet – there is no cost or obligation.
Contact me directly when you’re ready to set up an appointment to discuss your plans. Thank you!
P.S. If you are not sure when you will need the help of a Realtor I would be more than happy to meet with you to discuss a strategy so when the time is right you’ll be prepared.